Information We Collect
VIDA collects two types of user data: (1) technical data that is automatically collected from all users of the Site, and (2) information that users voluntarily provide:
- Automatically Collected Data: When you visit the Site, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as information that allows the Site to communicate with your computer during your visit, computer browser type, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, pages visited, and average time spent on the Site. This information may be used for statistical purposes to help improve and administer the Site.
- Voluntarily Provided Information: If and when you register as a member of VIDA, make a contribution, sign-up for e-mail updates, order items, or engage in other similar activities, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personally identifiable information, such as a name, address, e-mail address, user name and password. These are only examples of the types of personal information we may collect. The actual types of personal information collected depend on the specific product or service you request.
You can refuse to provide us with any personally identifiable information and still access many features of the Site. However, enhanced features and services of this website, such as uploading documents content, may be available only to users who have registered as members.
Using the Information We Collect
- We use your information to fulfill the specific request for which you provided the data and/or to respond to your inquiries about our services.
- We may use your information to periodically communicate with you concerning VIDA matters if you have not opted out of receiving such communications.
- We may use or disclose your information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may transfer your information to a third party in connection with a transfer of some or all aspects of the Site.
- We may share information, including personally identifiable information, with partners, distributors, service providers, affiliates, and other third parties who are assisting us in providing products, content and/or services related to the Site.
- In addition, information that does not contain personally identifiable information may be provided to third parties for any legal purposes whatsoever.
Any communication or material you transmit to us via e-mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, but not including your personal information and any requests, comments or concerns regarding your personal information, will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Your Privacy Choices
VIDA complies with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003. VIDA provides periodic site notifications, newsletters or other information via email. Users may elect to stop receiving such messages at their discretion. If you no longer wish to receive periodic email updates from VIDA, please send an email to email@example.com.
You may set your browser to disable cookies altogether or prompt you before accepting a cookie. By declining or disabling cookies, the functionality of the Site may be limited and certain areas may not function at all.
Protection of Collected Information
While we may share information with various third parties, VIDA takes commercially reasonable measures to safeguard and secure personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction while such information is stored on our computer systems. However, VIDA cautions users of the Site that no network, including the Internet, is entirely secure. Accordingly, you agree that VIDA is not responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition of personal information provided to the Site, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition.
Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise that is not personally identifiable information, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary by VIDA. Such non-personally identifiable communications or materials include, without limitation, questions or answers, comments, feedback, suggestions, etc.
The Site may now, or in the future, enable users to post information, including personally identifiable information, on web logs (“blogs”), chat rooms, forums, message boards, news groups and/or similar information sharing services. Any information, including personally identifiable information, disclosed in these areas will be deemed public information. Users are advised to exercise discretion before posting any content in these public areas. A user assumes any and all risk related to the content he/she may post in these public areas.
Collection Of Information By Third-Parties And Sponsors
The Site may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
We may share data you voluntarily provide to us with third-party service providers who fulfill your orders or transactions, contact you on our behalf, or facilitate some other aspect of VIDA’s activities, services or products, including those third-party service providers we use to assist us in our own fundraising and communications efforts and that collect data you voluntarily provide to us on behalf of VIDA for VIDA to use as described above. These service providers have access to data you voluntarily provide to us solely for the purpose of providing these services to us on our behalf, and they are contractually prohibited from sharing data you voluntarily provide to us with any third parties (other than subcontractors assisting them in their providing these services to us and who also are contractually prohibited from sharing our Voluntarily Provided Data with any other third parties).
Please note that we do not share data from non-U.S. residents with any other third parties (except where required by law, see below), even if a non-U.S. resident has subsequently authorized such use, for example, by checking an opt-in request.
While this Privacy Statement expresses VIDA’s standards for maintenance of private data, VIDA is not in a position to guarantee that the standards will always be met. There may be factors beyond our control that may result in disclosure of data. As a consequence, VIDA disclaims any warranties or representations relating to maintenance or nondisclosure of private information.
VIDA does not knowingly or intentionally collect information from any person under 13 years of age. We recognize that the responsibility of protecting children’s identities and privacy online rests with both the online industry and with the parents. If you become aware that such information has been provided by a child under 13, please send VIDA an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may take appropriate action.
Users Located Outside the United States
Updating Your Personal Information
You can always contact us in order to change or remove the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us, or if you wish to stop receiving certain types of information from us, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Because of technical constraints and the fact that we maintain backup copies of our systems, we can not guarantee that all of your personally identifiable information will be deleted. Therefore, you can not expect that all of your personally identifiable information will ever be completely removed from our systems.
Changes to This Policy
You can contact VIDA for any questions or suggestions you have at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.